Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Simple Math Question

Perhaps he didn't realise that the +0 was there to convert the string to a
number?
But if he was trying to say that the formula was over-complicated, he could
have pointed out that the ,1 is superfluous.
--
David Biddulph

"Mike H" wrote in message
And what would be the point of that all you would end up with is the
righmost
number/character in C12

"HARSHAWARDHAN. S .SHASTRI" wrote:

May be

=Right(c12,1)+a1*0+b1*0+c1*0+d1*0

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe

=RIGHT(C12,1)+0

Mike

"G" wrote:

I want to reduce the code as much as possible with an IF/THEN
statement,
here's what I want to do:

Take any number (always less than 120) and get the last digit (only).
For
example, if I have 35, I want 5. Right now, I'm doing the following
IF/THEN
statement:

C12 = 22 (I want 2)

=IF(C12=30, C12 -30, IF(C12 =20, C12-20, IF(C12=10, C12-10, C12)))

I don't want to write all the code for 120 ... can anyone help me?
Thanks.