Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
devoted_darling[_2_] devoted_darling[_2_] is offline

Default Subtracting 24hr clocks?

Hi Stefi, yes that's correct. They are currently in text format - do they
need to be changed to time format for this to work?

Clare

"Stefi" wrote:

I have a guess: 1600 (start) and 0800 (end) suggests that your data are not
of real Excel time format but text strings, otherwise they would look like
16:00 (start) and 08:00 (end). Am I right?

Stefi

€˛devoted_darling€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi Stefi,

This doesn't seem to work?!

I'm trying to work out the hours between 1600 (start) and 0800 (end) but
it's coming out with a minus figure.

Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks

Clare

"Stefi" wrote:

start time:A9
end time:B9

=B9+IF(A9B9,1,0)-A9

Regards,
Stefi

€˛devoted_darling€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

HI, HELP!

I'm trying to generate the formula to subtract 24hr time clocks. If I want
to work out the hours between 0500 and 1600 then it's a simple case of
subtraction - however, the problem is when I try and reverse this. I'm trying
to calculate a formula to work out the hours between, for example, 1600 and
0630 - the formula I've tried using doesn't work so is obviously wrong.

Please help!