Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
muddan madhu muddan madhu is offline

Default If logic for text

In col C col D put this values
1 High
11 Medium
16 Low

now A1 put 1 to 18, in Cell B1 put this formula
=LOOKUP(A1,C$1:C$3,D$1:D$3)

On Feb 4, 11:19*am, Sri Harsha <Sri
wrote:
Hi,
I am creating a defect log in which i am trying to capture the severity of
the defect based on its type. I have about 18 types of defect. What i want
now is if the user selects 1-10 defects, the defect severity should be High
and from 11-15, it has to be medium and from 16-18, it has to be low.

Can some one help me with this formula please?

Please note that this has to look at a cell with TEXT and not a value.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.