Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
EJBNYC EJBNYC is offline

Default Rows to Colums for Mail Merge

Hello All, I tend to run into this issue a lot when prepping excel data for a
mail merge. My data tends to be supplied in rows while mail merge likes
columns. I hope someone can help me.

Column A contains Domains
Column B contains unique Sites within those domains.

There is one row for each unique site. As there can be multiple sites in
each domain column A contains repeats, sometimes more then 20.
I would like for all values in column B where column A is the same to be
transposed into the row of the first instance of that Domain.

IE:
A B
Domain.1 Domain.1.site.A
Domain.2 Domain.2.site.A
Domain.2 Domain.2.site.B
Domain.2 Domain.2.site.C
Domain.3 Domain.3.site.A

Would become€¦

A B C D
Domain.1 Domain.1.site.A
Domain.2 Domain.2.site.A Domain.2.site.B Domain.2.site.C
Domain.3 Domain.3.site.A