Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JeffP-> JeffP-> is offline

Default Extract numeric characters plus one character...

.... you may wish to see my earlier post in this thread

"KLZA" wrote:

On Feb 3, 4:34 pm, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 13:06:38 -0800 (PST), KLZA wrote:
I have the following text on a column's row where I need to extract
only the numeric characters plus one. ABCDEFG 10M ABCDEFG. I'd like
to extract only the 10M (numeric values plus one character on the
right) for each item. I'm dealing with thousands of rows of similar
data but I'm not sue how to achieve this. Can anyone help?

Is the part you wish to extract always the "next-to-last" word?

If so then:

=TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",REPT(" ",198)),99,198))

IF not, post some more examples with more variability.
--ron

Thanks. The data different lengths of txt before the numeric value
and after the value. the numerics can be 1-5 digits long i only need
to capture the first character after the numeric values. there is no
other logic with spacing etc...