Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Workbook Workbook is offline

Default Charts That Communicate Progress

Wow, I checked out the links, thank you this is the type of chart I am
looking for. I appreciate you're input, this is a great recommendation.

"smartin" wrote:

Workbook wrote:
I am trying to select charts that will lend themselves well to communicating
progress. For example, Pie Charts don't tend to be a good way for
communicating progress whereas another type of Chart might be more effective.
In other words here is where we were, here is where we are, and here is
where we want to be. What would you recommend?

Perhaps a "bullet" chart?

See Charley Kyd's article he
http://www.exceluser.com/explore/bullet.htm

More discussion on Jon Peltier's site he
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/in-cell-bullet-charts/