Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Glenn Glenn is offline

Default Extract numeric characters plus one character...

KLZA wrote:
On Feb 3, 4:23 pm, muddan madhu wrote:
Try this Arrary function ( use ctrl + shift + enter )

=MID(A1,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(1*MID(A1,ROW($1:$30),1 )),0),COUNT(1*MID
(A1,ROW($1:$30),1),1))

On Feb 4, 2:06 am, KLZA wrote:

I have the following text on a column's row where I need to extract
only the numeric characters plus one. ABCDEFG 10M ABCDEFG. I'd like
to extract only the 10M (numeric values plus one character on the
right) for each item. I'm dealing with thousands of rows of similar
data but I'm not sue how to achieve this. Can anyone help?- Hide quoted text -

Hi. That didn't work.

Actually, with "ABCDEFG 10M ABCDEFG" in A1, it results in "10M", which I believe
was your desired result. So, how exactly didn't it work?