Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KLZA KLZA is offline

Default Extract numeric characters plus one character...

On Feb 3, 4:23*pm, muddan madhu wrote:
Try this Arrary function ( use ctrl + shift + enter )

=MID(A1,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(1*MID(A1,ROW($1:$30),1 )),0),COUNT(1*MID
(A1,ROW($1:$30),1),1))

On Feb 4, 2:06*am, KLZA wrote:

I have the following text on a column's row where I need to extract
only the numeric characters plus one. *ABCDEFG 10M ABCDEFG. * I'd like
to extract only the 10M (numeric values plus one character on the
right) for each item. *I'm dealing with thousands of rows of similar
data but I'm not sue how to achieve this. *Can anyone help?- Hide quoted text -

Hi. That didn't work.