Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default conditional formulas with 12 conditions

Can you just sketch out what your data looks like? I think you have
something like this:

Name Jan Feb Mar Apr
item1 x1 y1 z1
item2 x2 y2 z2
item3 x3 y2 z3

etc.

Is this on one sheet for one year, a similar sheet for another year,
with another sheet where you want the results? Can you describe again
what you want to achieve with this data?

I'm a bit confused.

Pete

On Feb 3, 8:31*pm, SPB2009 wrote:
And, for the record, I could just insert a new month column each month, but I
enjoy complication sometimes. If the replies aren't fast & furious, the
former might be just what I'll do.

"SPB2009" wrote:
This particular issue is a comparison of sorts...I want a column of formulas
to change with the month referenced in another cell.

I have a "now()" function formatted to show a two-digit number for the
month. I have 12 columns with month headings (Jan, Feb, etc.); underneath the
month headings, I'll store the reconciled quantities that get compared to the
current quantities (if the change between the current & reconciled quantities
is greater than 10%, a format change occurs & the cell displays the lower of
the two quantities). I have a list of what could be hundreds of items with a
corresponding current quantity. I want to reconcile between the current
quantity & the reconciled quantity each month but I want to keep the history
of the reconciled quantities too. I'm envisioning a column with formulas that
reference the now() function & pull in the appropriate value from the columns
with current month's reconcile data.

Basically, if month = 02, use reconciledata from column Feb for specific
item (continue to fill this formula for all items; change each month)- Hide quoted text -