Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alojz Alojz is offline

Default Calculate FREQUENCY based on criteria...

As I wrote elsewhere, I like array formulas.

to count frequency of 10 in 2009, type for instance in cell c10:
=sum((year(a2:a6)=2009)*(b2:b6=10)) then press ctrl+shift+enter

the easiest way is to use Countif formula

"MeatLightning" wrote:

Hi there -
Stumped on this one... I want to calculate frequency for items that
meet a certain criteria. In this case, date. I have a bunch of data that
looks like this:

COL-A | COL-B
1/2/09 | 10
1/6/09 | 13
1/8/09 | 10
10/23/08 | 10
2/3/09 | 10
2/9/09 | 10

I want to calculate the FREQUENCY of COL-B data for items that occur in
2009. In the example above, that would be 4 for "10" and 1 for "13".

I'm using this data to create a frequency distribution graph.

thanks in advance!
-meat