Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I hyperlink to a cell in existing workbook?

Try the function form:

=HYPERLINK("file:///c:\Temp\second.xls")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200830

"Patricia Lynch" wrote:

Goal: to go to another sheet in the workbook that I am currently in, with a
hyperlink. Online directions are not working. When I link to spot in
current workbook, it goes out and puts up an "exploring my computer"-like
window, showing the path to the current workbook that is open (which is the
correct path) and it stops there- it does not just hop to the worksheet
instead of going through all this other stuff. What is going wrong here?
I'm working in SP3 of Excel 2003
thanks for help