Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default Query on Null (#n/a)

if the result is N/A you can test for it with
if(isna(formula),formulaIfNA,FormulaIfNotNa) you can add on to the nesting to
test the other as well.
--
-John
is helpful.

"Mr. Platypus" wrote:

I did two MATCH formulas and each column is giving back some null results,
which I expected.

I now need to find out if either of the columns has a numerical answer in it
(i.e., if there is a number in column A but a null in column B, I want a one.
If there are two nulls, I want a zero).

SUM doesnt work, IF(OR doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.