Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Glenn Glenn is offline

Default Formula Help

=INDIRECT(TEXT(DATE(2008,ROW(A1),1),"mmm")&"!J34")

Copy down as needed.

Erika wrote:
Sorry I missed the column letter when I copy a cell down it is copying
Jan!J34, Jan!J35 and actually need it to do Jan!J34, Feb!J34, Mar!J34. Is
there an easy what do this? I need to do this on several spreadsheets.

"Khoshravan" wrote:

Not completely sure if this answers your question but I think you are
looking for relative and absolute references.
Try this one Jan$34.
$ sign means 34 is absolute and will not change, but I cant understand what
is Jan in Jan!34. Is this sheet name?
--
R. Khoshravan
Please click "Yes" if it is helpful.

"Erika" wrote:

I have a workbook that contains a worksheet for each month and then a
worksheet for 2009 totals. I have a paste link set up to look at Jan!34 I
want to copy the formula down so it goes to Feb!34, Mar!34 and continues
however when I copy the formula down I get Jan!34, Jan!35, Jan!36, etc. Is
there a fast way to get it to look at cell 34 on each worksheet?