Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Curtis[_2_] Dave Curtis[_2_] is offline

Default Looking up a row of data

Hi,

Suppose your data is in Sheet1 in A1:E10, for instance.
On Sheet2. in A1, enter your ticker code.
Under that, in A2, enter
=VLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$E$5,COLUMN(),FALSE)
and drag as far to the right as necessary.

Dave
"bfont" wrote:

Thanks, John. I'm not quite sure how to get it to work. how do i get it to
return the whole row? i was doing something like vlookup("ge",my range,???)

"John Bundy" wrote:

Just do a vlookup off of the ticker symbol, change the row to return for each
row of data.
--
-John
is helpful.

"bfont" wrote:

I have a large spreadsheet, stock tickers in the first column, and a lot of
other data in the next columns related to those tickers. I want to have a
separate workbook where I can just type in a ticker, and it automatically
populates all the data from that ticker's row of data from the first
worksheet to the new one. Can anyone help with this???