Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default How to make cell inaccessable using if statement?

PLEASE! stop asking same question in multiple groups under different
subjects. You've received at least one possible solution - if that
doesn't work, reply to that one, or AT LEAST say why that didn't work.
Don't waste people's time if that solution works.

I have two columns that I am working with. Column A says "Is Employee?"....
Column B says "If Employee 'yes', enter name"

A B
Is Employee? If Employee yes, enter name.

The "is employee?" column has a drop down menu with the yes and no option. I
need a function where if column A is yes, then user can type name in column B.

HOWEVER, if a cell in column A is NO, then user cannot type anything in
adjacent cell column B. (It would be nice to have a function where if a cell
in column A is No, then cell in column B automatically gets grayed out and
becomes inaccessable.)

thanks in advance