Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default excel - the need for speed

to Joel, Charles and Pete - many thanks.

I love sumproduct but this new exercise has caught me out. I will try the
sumif's first. I was looking at the decisonmodels.com page and hapy to spend
the money for the fastExcel - if it works. It says it works on MS Office 07
but doesn't state it works on Vista. Anyone have any experienec with
FastExcel on Vista?

Mike

"Mike" wrote:

I use Office 2007 and a heavy user of Excel. My latest spreadsheet is 30mb,
with approx 1 million formulas. There are thousands of sumproducts. I will be
duplicatin these spreadsheets for numerous locations.

It is now taking 30 minutes to calculate (I have set it to manual calc). I
have a new Lenovo T61 with 2.0 gb RAM and Intel Core Duo 2 CPU @2.2ghz. I
read a previuos post to go into arrays UDF and VBA but I dont have the time
to learn that part fo the process.

Do you have experience on if I go to a new notebook with the Intel® Core„¢2
Quad mobile processor chip. It is quite expensive but i need faster
processing. I don't want to spend the money if the impact is marginal.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike