Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Rank using two different categories within a multiple time period

I would do this in two steps: total the amounts for the period, and then
rank them. Add two columns (J and K) for the totals:
=sum(b2,d2,f2,h2)
=average(c2,e2,g2,i2)

=RANK(J2,$J$2:$J$4,0)*50%+RANK(K2,$K$2:$K$4,0)*50%

Regards,
Fred.

"Mimi" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2003. I need to calculate the ranking for a group of
employees based on two different categories: sales $ amount and percentage
grade. These two categories are monthly. The two categories have a 50%
weighted average. I need to obtain the overall ranking per employee based
on
these two categories for the four month period. Here is an ilustration of
what the data looks like:

J $ J % F $ F% M $ M% A $ A %
EE1 $9 85% $8 83% $7 83% $7 84%
EE2 $7 82% $8 85% $7 80% $8 84%