Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
chairboy chairboy is offline

Default Ho do I resize multiple charts?

I guess they'd be chartsheets. I created them from data on a worksheet, then
moved them to their own sheets. I'm using Excel 2007.

Thanks,
Bob

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Are these separate charts on separate worksheets? Or on separate chart
sheets? A worksheet is the kind of sheet with rows and columns. Shane's
approach would help select all the charts embedded on a worksheet and format
them en masse.

What version of Excel are you using?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"chairboy" wrote in message

I'm still stymied, but after some more exploring, and noting which options
are grayed out for me, I'm going to give some more details about my
sreadsheet.

I have a spreadsheet that tracks work orders in a production studio.
There's
a worksheet that tracks a week of work by the hour. I made a chart from
that
data, and moved it to its own worksheet.

My spreadsheet has each week of the year, and each week has two charts on
separate worksheets that represent different data. So my spreasheet has
over
100 charts on separate worksheets.

One day last week I opened up my spreadsheet, and every chart was resized
so
it no longer fit inside its window. This happened globally to 2 different
types of charts, and it's a lot of work to resize each one individually. I
don't know how it happened, but I'm willing to believe it was user error
(though I have no idea what I could have done to cause it). But if I did
cause it, there must be some way to get back in and fix it. I am looking
for
that way.

Thanks,
Bob Venezia

"chairboy" wrote:

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your response, but I'm stymied at step one. F5 has no effect.
What is the menu equivalent of F5?

Thanks,
Bob Venezia

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

You can do it for all charts on a sheet:

1. Press F5, Special, Objects
2. Right-click any of the charts and choose Format Object
3. Enter a Height and Width on the Size tab and press OK.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"chairboy" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple instances of 2 different
charts,
based on templates. Yesterday I opened the spreadsheet and all the
charts
were resized so they information no longer fit into the window around
the
chart. This happened to all the charts. There must be a way to get
them all
resized to the way they were, globally.