Jon Peltier

Here's a fun zoom trick. Make an embedded chart. Put the zoom at 100%, copy the
chart and paste it. Same size (well, not exactly; it seems to have gained a pixel in
height and width).

Change the zoom to 75%, copy the original chart, and paste it. The new chart is 75%
the size of the original (again, not exactly, it's 75.15% in width and 76.84% in
height).

Change the zoom to 50%, copy the original chart, and paste it. Whoa, the new chart
is now half the size of the original (50.31% in width, 53.33% in height).

This behavior occurs when you select a chart normally. If you hold down shift or
control while selecting the chart, then copy and paste, the pasted chart is exactly
the same size as the copied chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Tushar Mehta wrote:

Thanks for sharing your experiences. One thing that stands out is the
zoom setting. I have learnt over the years that XL is best served at
100% zoom. While on occassion I do use it at other settings it is only
for brief durations and I tend to return to 100% as soon as possible.