Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
leobensmom leobensmom is offline

Default Different answers when using cell references as opposed to act

Hi! This is figuring the total cost of shares of stock. My B column is the
number of shares and the I column is the cost per share. All numbers were
individually entered, not imported or copied. Some times the answer differs
by 50 cents, sometimes by 2 cents and sometimes by a dollar or more! I have
checked the cell formatting for all and all are formatted to currency except
the number of shares which is set to number. It is driving me crazy!!!!
"Pecoflyer" wrote:

leobensmom;210135 Wrote:
Why am I sometimes getting different answers when using cell references
as
opposed to the actual numbers? IE - B9*I9 vs 500*8.32

Hi,
which differences do you get ?
Is the value in I9 rounded?

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=57672