Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dates into percentages

I know from day one what elements the student will be doing
because they tell me.

And my question is... after they tell you how many elements they will be
doing at day one, do you put that information into your worksheet anywhere?
If so, tell me where. If not, you will have to; otherwise, you will never be
able to divide by the correct number in order to get a meaningful percentage
complete. You can't just use 28 as the divisor for all situations... if the
actually are going to do 34 elements, then when they complete 29 of them,
using 28 as the divisor would generate a completion percentage of more than
100%.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)