Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Numbering after using autofilter

Just make sure you put the formula column *outside* of the filtered range.
Otherwise, you could get incorrect filtered data.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Matt Pennington" wrote in
message ...
Genius Glenn - this is perfect thanks alot!

"Glenn" wrote:

Matt Pennington wrote:
I have used autofilter to refine data now I need to number the rows -
can
this be done automatically or does it need to be done after each filter
is
selected?

One way:

Assuming you have headers in row 1 and data in row 2:1000 and columns
B:D, put
the following in A2 and copy down as needed:

=SUBTOTAL(3,$B$2:B2)