Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LauraP LauraP is offline

Default Multiple criteria for filters

Hello forum!
My boss has asked me to create a rather elaborate filter for a very large
spreadsheet. I need to do a couple of things that seem too complex for the
AutoFilter, and the Advanced Filter keeps giving me an error.

In column A, there are values from 1-11, and I need to filter out all but 2,
3, 4, and 6.

In another column, there are values starting with various letters. I need
to filter out all but those that begin with the letters S, L, and C.

In yet another column, I need to show only those rows that have any entries
at all (which I've figured out how to do with AutoFilter).

Any suggestions? Thanks!
--
LEP