Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default array search

Luke,

I've posted another 2 variations using array SMALL/LARGE to return results
in ascending/descending order to play around with

However if I fill S26:U26 up or down the results are some what off base

The crux flexi-capture of the array is via the OFFSET, which construct is
explained in my 1st response. Maybe it still needs some further refinement, I
don't know, as I've made some interpretations/assumptions based on your
descripts on the params. Tinker with the OFFSET's params, that's the key
here. In the formula bar, select just the OFFSET term, then press F9 to see
the result array generated: {...} - reconcile with the matrix on the sheet
that it is supposed to capture. Press Esc to revert. If the OFFSET's capture
is not correct, then of course the downstream matching with cols P to R will
yield meaningless results.

Btw, pl mark all responses which contribute to resolving your complex issue
by clicking the YES button below.
--
Max
Singapore
"Luke" wrote:
Very nice! I'm not sure exactly how that works but I did get the results.
However if I fill S26:U26 up or down the results are some what off base. Any
Ideas?

I will work with this to see if I can understand it better.

Nice Job Max! I will look back at this in the morning to catch any replies.
Luke