Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Monish Monish is offline

Default SUMIF no longer working

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions...it appears that my client must
have pasted values in as TEXT accidentally - this was why the SUMIF was not
working.

Again, much appreciated...and I was not aware of the Calculations tab at
all, so thanks Shane also.

"T. Valko" wrote:

The values you want to sum may be TEXT or have unseen characters like
leading/trailing spaces.

See this:

http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Monish" wrote in message
Hi

Under what scenarios might a SUMIF function in a worksheet no longer work?
I created a spreadsheet for a client with one of the process steps
involving
a SUMIF function. It has been working fine for over a year (with a
monthly
reporting process) but all of a sudden this month it is not yielding any
result at all.

The result is a "0" but I can eyeball the data and clearly see that there
are values that should be summed...

...If anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful.

Thanks!