Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dcoxdcox dcoxdcox is offline

Default sumif from multiple columns

I've seen other threads that pose this solution, but if I understand
correctly, this works if the data is organized in 4 columns A=item number,
B=class number, C=date, D=value.

What I have is many columns with each column being the values for 1 day. I
need a formula that I can specify a class and a date or range of dates (i.e.
columns)

As noted in another reply, I'm using Excel 2003

"Khoshravan" wrote:

sumproduct is more complete than sumif and you can perform conditional sum
with more than one condition easily.
In this case use can use:
sumproduct(--(C2:C10="daily value")),--(B2:B10="class number"))
This will give sum of class numbers for specified daily value. You can add
as much much as daily value you want.

"dcoxdcox" wrote:

I have an list of items with multiple columns of values attached.

Col A = items number (all unique)
Col B = class number (the basis for summarizing)
Col C thru Z = daily values for each item
Row 1 = date

I want to be able to summarize by class number (which I would normally use
SUMIF) and for selected colums (i.e. one or more days)

In other words - what is the sum of class X on day Y

what formula or formulas would I use?