Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HRM Hawaii[_2_] HRM Hawaii[_2_] is offline

Default countif

Shane
Thank you for your response. My drop downs work fine they just don't add to
the the cell that gathers the data total in the prospective spreadsheet.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

I'm not a hundred percent clear on this one but

The best way to display a drop down list in most cases is to use the Data,
Validation, List choice and specify the range where the list is in the Source
box.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"HRM Hawaii" wrote:

I have a calendar that tracks employees attendance problems. On the left of
each is a cell with the month. To the right alternating rows of the day of
the week and below it a drop down function linked to a list. When a selection
is made in the drop down it posts to a cell with the formula "
=countif(December,$228) the problem I have added three drop down cell below
but have been unable to make the add to the list.

The cells are obviously linked to the "month" cell. I expanded the month
cell to correspond with the added rows and still no success.