Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default Configuration of cells

select all cells inside a worksheet and do what John says. It will affect all
cells. If you want the same effect for all sheets, then select all sheets you
want, by keeping shift and clicking on tabs.

"Odarit" wrote:

Thanks John. The problem is that one you go to another cells or a different
workbook, you have to again format the cells using the procedure you just
mention. I was hoping to have it make "center-center" by default.

Odarit

"John" wrote:

Hi
Goto FormatCellsAlignment adjust Vertical
HTH
John
"Odarit" wrote in message
When I merge cells, Excel merges and centers the data to be placed
horizontally. However, the vertical alignment remains or is defaulted to
"bottom". How can I make Excell to center the merge cells to show data
center
in either direction, vertical and horizontal?

Thanks