Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Reenee Reenee is offline

Default Converting a 10 digit serial number to a date of mm/dd/yyyy

You are a genious this did it and thank you so much, you saved me!!!

"Kassie" wrote:

33446304 devided by 864,000 (aqs in thousands) +2 does not result in a number
that would represent a modern day date. If you change that to 864, and
format the result as date, you will get 27/12/2005. Now if this date is
correct, you are halfway there. Insert a formula in a vacant cell Say C1,
next to the cell containing the number, say B1 and insert the formula
=(B1/864)+2. Copy down as far as required. Format this column as date, copy
the column, paste it special in place as values, and you have your dates.

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"Reenee" wrote:

I have exported a report from my payroll software that gave me a 12 digit
serial number (not text) and that number is supposed to represent hire date,
for example: 3344630400

How do I change this 10 digit number to read mm/dd/yyyy.

I have tried all I know please help

Someone told me that I had to divide this number by 864,000 + 2, but I have
4000+ cells that need to be updated and I know there has to be a faster way.