Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Converting a 10 digit serial number to a date of mm/dd/yyyy

Hi,

1. Enter 864 in a cell
2. Copy the cell
3. Select all the cells with the serial number
4. Choose Edit, Paste Special, Divide

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Reenee" wrote:

I have exported a report from my payroll software that gave me a 12 digit
serial number (not text) and that number is supposed to represent hire date,
for example: 3344630400

How do I change this 10 digit number to read mm/dd/yyyy.

I have tried all I know please help

Someone told me that I had to divide this number by 864,000 + 2, but I have
4000+ cells that need to be updated and I know there has to be a faster way.