Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default IF Statement JER

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Workbook" wrote in message
Hi Biff,

JER is an acroynm. So the quotes is what makes the difference.
Excellent.
I figured I was going to have to use conditional formatting. Thank you
very
much for your help.

Ed

"T. Valko" wrote:

What is JER? Is that just a string of letters?

If so, you need to quote it:

=IF(Sheet1!B7="H","JER","")

To color the cell you have to use conditional formatting. Use the Formula
Is
option and this formula: =J7="JER"

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Workbook" wrote in message
I am trying to create an IF Statement so that
Objective 1: If I enter "H" in cell B7, JER will appear in cell J7
Objective 2: J7 will turn yellow when JER appears in it.

Objective 1: This is what I have so far =IF(Sheet1!B7="H",JER,"").
However
when I enter a "H" in cell B7, J7 says #Name?

Objective 2: I know how to set this up with conditional formatting but
am
wondering if it's possible to include this in the IF statement first.

What do you think?