Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Workbook Workbook is offline

Default IF Statement JER

Hi Shane,

Thank you very much for your input. I will be certain to follow these
steps.

Ed

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

To conditionally format your cell(s):

In 2003:
1. Select the J7
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting
3. Choose Formula is from the first drop down
4. In the second box enter the formula:
=B7="h"
5. Click the Format button
6. Choose a color on the Patterns tab (or any available option)
7. Click OK twice.

In 2007:
1. Highlight J7 on the rows you want formatted
2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Choose Use a formula to determine which cell to format
4. In the Format values where this formula is true enter the following
formula:
=B7="H"
5. Click the Format button and choose a format.
6. Click OK twice

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Workbook" wrote:

I am trying to create an IF Statement so that
Objective 1: If I enter H in cell B7, JER will appear in cell J7
Objective 2: J7 will turn yellow when JER appears in it.

Objective 1: This is what I have so far =IF(Sheet1!B7="H",JER,""). However
when I enter a H in cell B7, J7 says #Name?

Objective 2: I know how to set this up with conditional formatting but I am
wondering if its possible to include this in the IF statement first.

What do you think?