Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Glenn Glenn is offline

Default Excel crashes when typing "false" in VLookup function

JE McGimpsey wrote:
In article ,
pcbins wrote:

oh my goodness! you are kidding me? Are you sure you are using Google?? I get
pages and pages...

I get pages and pages of results for that search, but only a few that
mention crashing when typing the 'f' in False - and at least one was
XL02, not X03.

I'm not really interested in continuing the search, and I'm not trying
to be a net nanny. It's obviously a real problem for at least a few
people, but AFAIK, there's been no solutions posted anywhere.

If someone happens to have a solution, I'm sure they'll post it.

The only "solution" posted seems to have been to use a zero instead of typing
"false".