Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Formula Needed

If you have entered dates then the format of hours and minutes is not relevant.

If you have entered dates and times then the question is do you want to
display the results in one cell and what do you want it to look like:

12.4:25 meaning 12 days 4 hours and 25 minutes or do you want it to display:
"12 days 4 hours and 25 minutes" or do you want the days in one cell the
hours in another and the minutes in yet another?

For example, here is one option

=INT(C1-A1)&" Days "&TEXT(MOD(C1-A1,1),"[hh]:mm")

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Oscar A. Brown" wrote:

In a worksheet column I have a begining date in month, day, year, hour,
minute format, in the next column I have a ending month, day, year , hour,
minute format. I need to calculate the elapsed days, hours, mintues from the
being to the end. PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN. I don't need to join the ranks
of unemployment.
Thanks
Oscar