Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brettjg Brettjg is offline

Default Cell contents in formula bar

Perfecto, thankyou

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Choose Format, Cells. In the Format Cells dialog box, click the Protection tab.

There will be a check box against Hidden. With this setting you can not see
the formula, only its result.

You need to unprotect the Workbook (you need the password which was used to
protect it) and then clear the check box.

"Brettjg" wrote:

Hi there, my formula bar is displayed, and usually the contents (value or
formula) is displayed there. However, in another workbook that I did not
create, the contents of the cell does not display in the formula bar. I can't
seem to find anything in options to change this.

Thankyou for any help that comes my way. Brett