Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pcbins pcbins is offline

Default Excel Crashes when typing "False" in VLookup formula

Fred, I've not had the problem for 5 years. I've been using VLookup for at
least 10 years. But only been having this "false" issue for the past month or
two...

I've been trying to be patient and hoping MS would fix it. Finally, while
waiting for a couple of rather large files to recover from this error, I
thought I might search the web for the solution myself.

When I came upon a blog entry about the same exact problem, I was hopeful I
would find a solution, until I read that he had contacted MS several times
and got no response. Then I noticed the date of the blog entry.... APRIL
2004...

That just ticks me off. I am sorry some dont care for my attitude, but it
comes from years of being forced to deal with microsoft's unprofessionalism
and trashy software.

It amazes me that so few of you think it is odd that we all have to resort
to helping each other to resolve these issues. Most companies have
professionally developed resources and trained technical support to help you
with these issues. Perhaps because they have good software and dont have to
spend all their time and resources on patching it up.