Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jake Jake is offline

Default Sorting the cells of a formula causes the formula to not work

I have a list of parts (about 50) in colomn A and thier cost in column B.
Below this data set I have a formula to sum the purchased parts, another
formula to sum the welded parts, and another formula to sum the labor
intensive parts. An example of these formulas would be
"=sum(B2,B12,B15,B20,B35)". When I sort the list of parts alphabeticaly or
the cost low to high / high to low the formulas below do not track the sorted
cells. It still references the same thing (ie. "=sum(B2,B12,B15,B20,B35)")
even though the sorted cells have moved positions. Please help.