Richard

Hi Gord,

- I don't see the #name? error myself (I'am using excel 2000) but seems that
when opened on Excel 2003, they get it..
- I don't use any Add-ins !
- I don't use any user-defined functions - only simple stuff like
Trunc/rounddown/vlookup/hlookup - No advanced Stats, or calculus here !

I'am really confused here...
Why does it work on older versions of Excel, and NOT excell 2003 ?!
Here is the diret link to the file if anyone wishes to check it out (gracias
!!)

http://step.polymtl.ca/~ritz/charshe...et_-_v6.39.zip

Richard

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Richard

The #NAME! error is most likely caused by a formula that references a Function
from an add-in like the Analysis Toolpak or similar.

Or a User Defined Function.

Check out what you need to have checked in ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:13:01 -0800, "Richard"
wrote:

Hi Nick,

I'am the Author of the Excel file in Question.
Can you specify what you mean by "formula name not recognised" ?
I'd really like to understant why it works in older excels, but not in Excel
2003 (Does Microsoft have a list of "changes" in excel 2003? it could contain
a clue to this problem ...)

And how can a formula be "Dodgy" !?

thank you !

Richard

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Doug

It is using a formula name not recognised for some reason. I have XL2003
and get the same errors. I can get it open but many of the formulae have
#NAME! errors.

Sounds like a dodgy file to me

--
HTH