Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Help with Formula

When you say "data field" do you mean your table of data, i.e. 40
cells? Or do you mean combinations of your 4 cells for each row?

If the latter, then consider your cells containing A, B, C and D - the
combinations would be:

AB
AC
AD
BC
BD
CD
ABC
ABD
ACD
BCD
ABCD

and even more if the order is important, i.e. if BA is different than
AB.

Do you realise how many combinations from 40 cells there would be?

Pete

On Jan 30, 12:27*am, Nate wrote:
Sorry but I'm relatively inexperienced with excel. I have 4 columns with a
word in each cell for about 5 to 10 rows. I need a formula that will give me
every combination of every cell in my data field can anyone help me?
--
Nate