Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael.Tarnowski Michael.Tarnowski is offline

Default Preventing user input for individual cells

On Jan 29, 10:53 pm, "Otto Moehrbach"
wrote:
Michael
Basically what you need to do is unlock ALL the cells on the sheet, then
lock those cells you don't want the user to be able to change, then protect
the sheet. This allows the user to make changes to all the unlocked cells
but not the locked cells. HTH Otto"Michael.Tarnowski" wrote in message

Hi community,
I'am working with Excel 2003 and I'am wondering how to prevent user
inputs for individuals cells without locking the whole sheet. For
example, if Row B contains cells displaying formula results - dates,
numbers, or text - the user should not be able to change cells in B.
How can I achive this? - With Data validations?

Thanks and cheers
Michael

Otto,
thanks for your fast reply -- but how can realize your suggestion?
Michael