Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pegman pegman is offline

Default paste special values does not tabulate

the worksheet layout won't really allow that, the wierd part is half the
cells will sum, half the cells don't, and the remaining cells contain text
which copies correctly??!??
--
learning excel the hard way

"Max" wrote:

The data could be text nums which will not respond to summations
Copy any empty cell, then select the range of "nums"
Right-click paste special Check "Add" OK
That should convert all at one go to real nums, enabling downstream calcs.
--
Max
Singapore
"pegman" wrote:
I have values coming into a worksheet by linking and formulas.

I was able to copy and retain those values into the new worksheet and let
them sum... the values paste fine and show correctly. However they no longer
sum. I manually have to reenter each number now.

I've tried reformatting etc, just can't figure out why they are ignored when
"paste special values" is used???