Gord Dibben

Richard

The #NAME! error is most likely caused by a formula that references a Function
from an add-in like the Analysis Toolpak or similar.

Or a User Defined Function.

Check out what you need to have checked in ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:13:01 -0800, "Richard"
wrote:

Hi Nick,

I'am the Author of the Excel file in Question.
Can you specify what you mean by "formula name not recognised" ?
I'd really like to understant why it works in older excels, but not in Excel
2003 (Does Microsoft have a list of "changes" in excel 2003? it could contain
a clue to this problem ...)

And how can a formula be "Dodgy" !?

thank you !

Richard

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Doug

It is using a formula name not recognised for some reason. I have XL2003
and get the same errors. I can get it open but many of the formulae have
#NAME! errors.

Sounds like a dodgy file to me

--
HTH