Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bad_Shot[_2_] Bad_Shot[_2_] is offline

Default Calculating Duplicate Entries

Max;
Got your link, See that it works. I added some more data to your sheet and
it still works.
I've got to get back to my sheet. I must have a ref wrong when typing it in.
I actually have 25 cols of data, vs. the simplified stuff I posted.
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks

"Max" wrote:

My earlier solution doesn't require any sorting by Address,
it should work "as-is", with the only presumption as stated:
.. real dates presumed chronologic in C2 down

Perhaps rummaging through this working sample might help:
http://freefilehosting.net/download/44fl3
Duplicates flagging w criteria.xls

The #N/As that you're hitting could be due to some "dirty" source data
somewhere that's tripping up the processing, eg: formula returned error
values, extra spaces, invalid dates, etc. Try sleuthing around for these, and
clean it up.

If you still can't get it to work, post a link to a desensitised sample file
(you can use the same filehost above to upload)
--
Max
Singapore
"Bad_Shot" wrote:
Max;
Once I sorted the data, 1st by address, then by Date I got some results.
Unique addresses produced a "1", the second occurance of that address
produced a "2".
The next formulas produced "#NA" results in their respective fields.
I need to break down the nested Index/Match/Index to find out what's going on.