Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Insert a function in an entire column

You have some numbers on Sheet 1 in column, say, J like 12.34, 456.67 and
you want =INT(12.34) etc? Would you be happy with a process that converts
12.34 to 12 and 456.67 to 456 etc?

On another sheet (say Sheet4) in J1 enter =INT(Sheet1!J1) and copy down the
column as far as needed.
Select all these formulas and Copy
Move to J1 in Sheet1 and use Edit | Paste Special with Values specified.
Now you have integers
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Emece" wrote in message
I have a column with many values, and I need to add the int function to the
entire column. I cannot create another column, obtain the int value and
delete the first column because there are several other cells in the
workbook
referring to the original column.

Is there a way to insert the function in the column?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Emece