Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

14 Pint pnt 9
15 Quart qt 16
16 Milligram mg 14
17 Microgram mcg 2
18 Intake intk 6
20 Bottle btl 17
21 Box box 20
22 Can can 4

A - is an ascending list of numbers that identify measurements
B - aligned with the numbers in A, this is the full name of each measurement
C- as in B, these are short forms of the measurement names
D- is a list in random order (actually previously sorted based on data in 32
columns to the right of column D not displayed here).

Objective:
To sort Columns A, B & C into the order of the random order in column D.

Issue:
I have posted this in several areas, but the responses all result in a sort
that does not achieve the necessary results - most yield a full re-sort of
all 4 columns - not what I require.

An urgent reply is needed, this project is huge, is overdue and I'm in a
panic.

Thank you in advance for the right answer.......