Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Excel ActiveX TextBox Question

You don't need a change event for a cell to change if you use the LinkedCell
property in the text box.

You need to get into design mode and set the linkedCell property

1) View - Toolbars - Control toolbox.
2) On the toolbar press the triangle which is a toggle button which
enters/exits design mode. You should see the sizing dots on the textbox
control when in design mode
3) With the sizing button visible on the textbox control press the
Properties ICON on the toolbar(the one with the hand). The property window
for the calendar control should be visible.
4) In the LinkedCell prperty enter a cell location like sheet1!I1
5) Exit design mode by pressingTriangle on the toolbar.
6) Now when ever you enter data in the textbox the linked cell value
will change.

"dhstein" wrote:

I have a TextBox Control in Access and I'm trying to do something similar in
Excel. In Access I can use the event txbMyTextBox_AfterUpdate() and then
process the full string after the user hits "Enter". But in Excel I just get
the event txbMyTextBox_Change(). So it would seem that I have to process
each character, store the results in a string array and check for the "Enter"
key.

1) Is this correct - or am I missing something?

2) What is the syntax of a string array so that I can read in the data?

3) What is the string compare function that I can use to compare 2 strings?

Thanks for any help you can provide