Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Line graph

It's easy enough to add a set of lines to a column chart. Add the data, then
change the added series (which are added as more columns) to lines. But the
data points will be aligned in the center of the cluster, not over the
appropriate column.

I have posted an article with two techniques to center the markers over the
bars:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...olAndLine.html

The second technique is probably easier (Line-Column Combination Chart with
Sparse Data Range). If you want the months along the axis, you should
transpose the data so the months are in the first column and the department
names in the first row.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"dazoloko via OfficeKB.com" <u43760@uwe wrote in message
Dear All

Heres hoping you can help.

I have a line graph which shows total days lost through abscence month by
month ( Simplified Example of data below)

Days lost

Section Apr May Jun
Accounts 23 20 22
Billing 45 43 47
Technical 11 12 10

This graph was easy to produce no probs there, however.......

I have the number of employees within each section also :-

No of Employess

Section Apr May Jun
Accounts 5 5 4
Billing 17 17 17
Technical 3 3 4

What I would like to be able to do is to show the number of employees as a
figure on the appropriate line and month within the graph.

Hope this makes sense ?

Cheers

Sectiom