Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana DeLouis[_3_] Dana DeLouis[_3_] is offline

Default Help with function / Formula

Assuming the same relationship, this might work, but you will have to
adjust for your valid range.

=7-INT(A1/100)

Dana DeLouis

Jerry Bailey wrote:
601
600
595
550
525
505
500
450
400
350
300

Using the above example in an adjacent column I would like to assign the
number 1 for all cells = to or greater than 600 , the number 2 to all
cells less than 599 but greater than 500, the number 3 to all cells less
than 499 but greater than 400, and so on. I realize the if function may
work however I am using excel 2003 and I believe the limitation is
approx 7. I need a formula that will allow up to approx 50 different
nemerical associations
Thanx