Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mayur Mayur is offline

Default How to put data into different buckets. - PLEASE HELP

Market TotalAmount Length of Service
Arizona 2,099.97 2
Arizona 35.14 3
Arizona 2,477.96 5
Austin 1,173.81 7
Austin 2,425.14 15

1-3 4-10 11-20 20+ # of Accts % of Total Accts
Arizona #DIV/0!
Chicago #DIV/0!

<$1001 $1001 to $9999 $10000 to $99,999 $100,000 + # of Accts % of Total
Accts Total Dollars % of Total $
Columbus 15,833
Chicago 506,144

Okay the top portion is on two tabs. The very first part is about 2000
lines. I am looking for a formula that looks up each market (ex. Arizona)
and than the length of service and put it in the buckets (1-3, 4-10, 11-20,
etc) I dont want to add the years just want a count in each bucket.

Than i need a formula that will look up each market and add the dollars
according to each market.

I hope that makes sense. This is very complicated. I really appreciate your
help.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Try something like this

=COUNTIF(Year,"<=2")

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Years=3),--(Years<=5)

is an example of what you will need for a range or year.
This assumes you have a range where you have entered the number of years.
(you did not show us any of your data)

SUMIF(Dollars,"<=100")

SUMPRODUCT(--(Dollars=500),--(Dollars<=1000),Dollars)

You left out the range 100 <500?

This will sum the dollar data for entries that are <=100

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Mayur" wrote:

I have thousands of rows of data that have one column that I need tohave a
formula that counts how many within three years and puts it into the correct
three different buckets accordingly.
ex.
0-2 3-5 5-10 and so forth.
Columbus
Louisville

i need it to look through one column and when it matches look at the length
of service column and it is between 0-2 it would count as 1 and go to the
next columbus match and length of service and so forth.

After that I need to do the same thing but instead of counting i need the
formula to add up the dollars according to $0-$100, $500-$1000 ect. and sum
up the dollars per market.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!