Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Bring back ability to move data points in charts by dragging&d

Not sure where that place ("Suggestions for Microsoft products") is. Your
message went to a Microsoft newsgroup (USENET) - I read these messages using
Outlook Express. MS maintains these newsgroups for the public to use
peer-to-peer self-help but they very seldom make any replies and there is no
reason to think they visit them often - the developers are busy boys &
girls.
best swishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wildetudor" wrote in message
Hi Bernard, thanks for your reply. I'm glad they are aware of it, we
should
now wait and see.

By the way, I thought I was posting under "Suggestions for Microsoft
products" - isn't that the place to post if you want Office developers to
see
your suggestions?

Thanks.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

It is doubtful that Excel developers will see your message. However, last
year at a meeting with MVPs, they were made aware of other peoples
interest
in having this feature restored. Let's wait till Office 14 appears to see
if
we get it!
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

"wildetudor" wrote in message
In Excel 2003 you used to be able to move data points in a chart (or
ranges
of a slice in a pie chart) simply by dragging&dropping them directly in
the
chart - which, in turn, would modify the corresponding value in the
worksheet.

In Excel 2007, you can't do that: data points in a chart are not
"draggable', which is a shame, since that was a very useful tool to
have.
For
example, sometimes you may want to tweak the appearance of a plot (you
know
how you'd like it to look like, and accept the numerical values that
make
that shape possible). Or you might want to adjust the proportions in a
pie
chart visually, directly on the chart, rather than numerically, by
trying
various values in the worksheet.

I hope to see this very useful feature implemented in Excel again.
Thanks.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting